Monday, May 22, 2006

George Foreman Appearance

My colleague, Derrick V., said, "Lets go meet him downstairs," when they announced that George Foreman was coming in 15 minutes. Derrick parted his lips about a quarter inch and looked happy to be meeting the former world champ.

First thing that came to my mind was to ask him, how'd it feel to get knocked out by Ali in Manila. But once I saw him it was a different story.

All you heard was people arranging office supplies on their desks after an office manager ordered everybody to tidy up. Then I heard, "He's here, he's here!" I walked to the bathroom because Derrick was about to meet me downstairs after he hit the restroom. I walked around the corner that led me to the hall that ended at the bathroom, and I saw this bald man bent over the sink washing his hands. He wasn't as big as I thought he'd be but his body was about twice as wide as mine.

"Big George!" I yelled. Not trying to look so star struck. He asked me how I was doing, and I told him that I just sold one of his tickets to the Donald Trump Think Big Expo in Minneapolis. I started explaining to him who bought the tickets while he was walking out.

"What's your name?" he asked.

I said, "Neal Rodriguez;" as emphatically as I always do so you could remember me once I'm as good as you.

George was led out of the conference room by Bill Zanker, the president of the Learning Annex. He said, " Everyone, we have George Foreman in the office today." Everybody stood and applauded. He shook the hand of people sitting next to the conference room.

Derrick and I spoke on how Foreman knocked out Norton and Fraizer in early rounds. "But he had nothing for Ali," I added.

It takes nothing away from George, though. I have nothing but the utmost respect for the man. He's reported to have sold over 55 million George Foreman Grills since its introduction in 1995 to net over $150 Million. And he'll be telling people in Minnesota how he made his business into the powerhouse it's become.

If you want to get your whole office in for $47 without paying any registration fees email me: nealr@learningannex.com or register on www.LearningAnnex.com.

If you're in Minneapolis see my man, George. It doesn't matter if he got knocked out once. Everybody's got to take a whippin' one time or the other.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?